Rileys is seeking an Accounting Assistant to join the team at our Corporate Headquarters in SE Calgary. Reporting to Director of Finance, the Accounting Assistant will be responsible for various accounting functions including Collections support, accounting for US operations, cross training with other team members, month end & yearend assistance and other duties as assigned.
Duties & Responsibilities
Accounts receivable/collection support
- Perform collection activities by phone and email to ensure timely receipt of payment from customers.
- Reconcile and resolve overdue account balances and discrepancies on customer accounts.
- Upload invoices on the customer portal for specified customers
- Reconcile unapplied cash payments to customer accounts.
- Data entry of the daily deposits, Electronic Fund Transactions (EFT), and Credit Cards.
- Assist with filing cash receipts for storage
- Code Accounts payable invoices for assigned Edmonton areas
- Cross train fully with Accounts payable administrator – duties including Data entry of payables, performing cheque runs, A/P filing and Reconciling vendor accounts
- Prepare bank deposits and perform bank runs when required
Month end assistance
- Cross train and learn full accounting and billing cycle from US operations administrator
- Assist with data entry on meter read invoices
- Prepare and post month end meter read accruals
- Assist with month end financial variance analysis
Other duties as assigned by your manager
- Completion of a post-secondary diploma in Accounting or other business related area from a recognized institute is required.
- Working towards or completion of the CPA program would be an asset.
- 3+ years of full cycle accounting experience
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains preferred
- Effective written and spoken communication.
- Strong attention to detail with the goal to minimize errors and attain complete accuracy.
- Effective problem solving and investigative skills, critical thinking, and consistent, high level attention to detail is essential to be successful in this position
- Organized with ability to determine priorities and allocate time and resources effectively to meet all reporting timelines without sacrifice of quality.
- Date Posted: 2020-11-23 21:18:42
- Required Experience: 3 Years
- School Required: Diploma in Accounting
- Location: Calgary